Thursday, November 29, 2007

Two new Chick-fil-A open in Tucson today


Tucson opened it's first two Chick-fil-A's today and it seems that fans were camping out overnight to be the first in line and in the city to get their favorite chicken sandwich. Actually they were camping out because the first hundred patrons of the new restaurants received 52 combo meal coupons, one for each week of the year! The new Chick-fil-A's on Broadway and on Oracle Road took over buildings that were previously occupied by Krispy Creme doughnuts.


I personally don't understand the following that Chick-fil-A has; there was one located in the food court of my hometown mall when I was a teenager and the sandwiches reminded me of those served in my high school cafeteria. But, I do understand what it's like to absolutely love a food so much that you'll stand in line for two hours to satisfy a long standing craving (can you say Double Double animal style?) When In-N-Out Burger opened in Phoenix several years ago I made my husband drive me up only to wait in line for two hours to get my food that I had to enjoy in my car because there was nowhere to sit inside the restaurant. Made a mess of my car but it was worth it!

No comments: